About the department
The Department of Plastic Surgery provides a wide variety of surgical operations and care necessary for the society keeping with the tradition of the highest quality care at affordable cost. Many surgeries are performed in the free block. This in addition to serving the underprivileged patients provides good opportunities for postgraduate students to perform a variety of operations under supervision.
Presently we perform a wide range of highly specialized state of the art services including Microsurgery, Cleft and Cranio-facial Surgery, Hand Surgery, Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Surgery, Paediatric Plastic Surgery, Vascular Malformations, Oculoplastic Surgery, Micro lymphatic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Burns and Burns Reconstruction, Orthognathic Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery, Non-Surgical facial rejuvenation, Osteo-integrated Implants and Ear Reconstruction,
Associated with International organisations:
- Smile Train Project
- Transforming Faces Worldwide
- World Craniofacial Foundation
- Noordhoff Craniofacial Foundation
- Smile Train project: We provides free surgeries for cleft children under this project. Approximately 800 children benefit from this project each year and we have completed 5,30 free cleft surgeries.
- Transforming Faces Worldwide Project: provide free speech and orthodontic treatment for cleft children in Thiruvanmalai district. This also include project of developing Community based rehabilitation program for speech and orthodontic treatment.