About the Department
The department of Orthopaedics started in the year 1986 is a dynamic department with about 28 faculty members and adequate para medical and secretarial staff functioning at the Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Medical Centre under the Sri Ramachandra University.
The thrust areas of the department include
1. Undergraduate and Postgraduate Orthopaedic Education
2. Safe and quality Health Care to patients with Trauma and Musculoskeletal Problems
3. Research both Basic and Clinical.
- The department's faculty are active participants in the Undergraduate curriculum for the MBBS, BPT, BSc Nursing and BDS and Allied Health Sciences Programmes
- The stronghold in Education is at the postgraduate level for its Diploma and M.S. Programmes in Orthopaedics, Master's in Physiotherapy, Accident and Emergency.
- The department faculty also lends its hands as a guide for PHD programmes of the University.
The highlight of the educational programmes are the clear cut delineation of course and session objectives, use of recent teaching learning methodologies like the hands on training during potsgraduation at the Orthopaedic Bones Skills Lab, Clinical Skills Lab and simulator trainings, interactive seminars, symposia, Grand rounds, Surgical audits, Inter departmental programmes and multidisciplinary approach, Assessment is also by periodic objective structured clinical examination, Clinicals and written examination. Our faculty are members of faculty in many International and National CME Programmes.
Jan2424th - 27th January, 2018. View Details8:00 AM - 4:00 PM