About the Department
- The Department of Pathology started in 1986 deals with the diagnostic & teaching responsibilities.
- The diagnostic section includes histopathology , cytology, hematology & immunopathology.
- The Department is also involved in active teaching and training for the undergraduates & postgraduates.
- The histopathology section receives around 17000 surgical specimens per annum.
- The cytology section receives around 11000 specimens per annum which include fine needle aspiration cytology (including guided FNAC), fluid cytology and exfoliative cytology.
- The clinical pathology section is located in the central laboratory which is a 24 hour facility.
- We have a large museum with a display of around 600 mounted specimens in all systems with a floor area of 180 sq.m
- The department has a well equipped library with over 200 books.
- NABH & NABL reaccreditation of the clinical & histopathology laboratories
- JCI accredited laboratory services
Feb24On 24th, Febuary 2018 - View Details11:00 AM - 1:00 PM