Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing
About the Department
The glorious past of Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing is the framework that navigates nursing education and research focusing on quality patient care which indeed fabricates the vision and mission of our Founder Chancellor, Thiru N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar.
The beginning of Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing was very humble as of any other enterprise, in the year 1993. Sri Ramachandra Medical College has completed its 27 years of dedicated service to the community; has propelled excellence in nursing education with collaborative team work.
Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing is located in an exclusive three level building with the entire infrastructure required to learn the broad spectrum of nursing education
Available Facilities / Equipment satisfies Indian Nursing Council norms
- A unitary spacious three-floor building exclusively for Nursing Education provides conducive teaching - learning environment.
- It consists of laboratories for Nursing Foundation, Medical Surgical Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing, Community Health Nursing and Nutrition.
- Adequate lecture halls.
- There is a fully equipped central library for the nursing students and faculty members besides, the departmental libraries.
- All the required clinical experiences are offered within our institution.
Telemedicine facilities are also available
Nursing courses offered:
- B.Sc. Nursing (Basic)
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)
- M.Sc. Nursing
All the above mentioned courses are recognized by the statutory bodies:
- Government of Tamilnadu
- The Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council
- The Indian Nursing Council
Sri Ramachandra College of Nursing has entered academic agreements with the following Universities:
- University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh, USA
- University of Washington, Washington, Seattle, USA
- Wayne State University, USA
- Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, England,UK
Vision of the Sri Ramachandra School and College of Nursing is ‘to propagate socially meaningful health care, nursing education and research with adherence to moral, legal, and ethical values’.
- Build an all - round development of the nursing students by providing balanced curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Focus on attitude building and personality development of nursing students for providing quality patient care.
- Prepare the nursing students to combat current nursing challenges and demands of the society.
- Develop leadership skills and group dynamics among nursing students for holistic patient care.