Sri Ramachandra University (SRU) is implementing schemes with ear-marked budget allocation in order to promote research among students at UG, PG and Ph.D.
- Founder Chancellor Ph.D. fellowships - Annual for details.
- The Founder Chancellor Fellowships are open only to candidates opting the Ph.D programme of SRU as full-time candidates.
- The eligibility of candidates applying for the Ph.D. programme of SRU under the various Faculties of the University would be as per the “Ph.D – Regulations of SRU” displayed in SRU – Website .
- All candidates applying for this fellowship have to appear for the All India level entrance examination conducted by the university during the months of January and July after due advertisement in the newspaper(s) and SRU-Website.
- The provisional selection of the candidates for award of these Ph.D fellowships will be based on the inter-se merit of the candidates as per their entrance examination marks obtained by them.
- The final selection of candidates for registering for Ph.D. will be after approval of the Ph.D research proposal by the Ph.D. admission committee after a presentation cum interview.
- Each fellowship will carry Rs. 8,000/per month for a duration of three years along with a contingency grant of Rs. 25,000/- per annum.
Chancellor Summer Fellowships for Undergraduates of SRU – Annual for details.
All UG Students of all disciplines of SRU are eligible to apply for the 75 Summer Research Fellowships that are annually allotted to be conducted during April to June for a duration of two months. Each selected UG-Fellow is provided a grant of Rs. 10,000/- The distribution pattern of the UG – Summer Research Fellowships is MBBS: 30; BDS: 20; other UGs in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences & Technology, Allied Health Sciences and Management: 25.
Click here for previous years’ Chancellors fellows
- Post-graduates Dissertations/Projects subsidy scheme - Annual.
Post-graduates under all the Faculties of SRU who are required to carryout a research dissertation/research project in partial fulfillment for the award of their PG degree would be eligible for this scheme. Each candidate would be provided a subsidy of Rs. 25,000 towards their investigational/project expenditures.
- GATE- Projects (Research Starter Grants) for Junior Faculty Members – Annual for details.
Click here for download application
- Research publications printing charge reimbursement scheme – around the year.
- All full-time faculty members, Ph.D. scholars, PG and UG students whose manuscripts are accepted in indexed journals with Impact Factor for publication are eligible for this grant.
- The grant to be paid or reimbursed would include only the printing charges as specified by the publishers of the indexed journal which has accepted the manuscript of the above specified author(s) based on the invoice received.
- The quantum of grant would be actual or upto a maximum of Rs. 5000/-per publication.
- Paper presentation Travel grant for national/international conferences/ seminars – around the Year.
- Training Grants in Indian / Foreign Research institutions for establishment of new technologies / Laboratories – around the Year .
- ICMR- M.D/M.S – Integrated Ph.D. Program grant under the auspices of ICMR – Annual for details.
- Third Medical Institution in India to get this award with 5 Talent Search Scheme (TSS) Fellowships every academic year.
- All first year M.D/M.S/M.D.S students eligible;
- Parallel 3+2 years sandwitch course and could get both the P.G degree & Ph.D degree in that discipline;
- Selected students will get ICMR fellowship of Junior Resident pay for first three yrs of P.G.course & ICMR Senior Resident Pay+SRU stipend for the 4th & 5th years with Rs.15,000/p.a. ICMR contingencies.