- Principal investigator in AFMRC Research project, “Evaluation of combined Otorhinological and Neuro surgical approach in the management of lesions of the skull base”, 1995 to 1997.
- Co-investigator in AFMRC Research Project, “Cochlear implantation in the Armed Forces”, 1996 to 1998.
- Co-investigator in AFMRC research Project, “Evaluation of arterial oxygenation in patients with airway obstruction & utility of mini tracheostomy in its management”, 1996 to 1999.
- Co - guide for PhD research, “A comparative Acoustic analysis of the singing voice of trained singers, untrained singers and Non-singers of Carnatic music” carried out by Dr Prakash Boominathan, Assistant Professor, Department of Speech, Hearing & Language Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University. Completed in 2008.
- Co–guide for PhD research, “Nanoparticles – Design, evaluation for delivery through intranasal route of administration” carried out by Mrs M Nappinnai, Institute of Basic Sciences, Taramani, Chennai. Completed in Jan 2009.
- Guide for PhD research “Clinical Correlation of Multi-modality Electrophysiological Assessment with Psychophysical Behavioural Responses in Cochlear Implantees” by Dr S Raghunandhan, ENT Surgeon, Madras ENT Research Foundation, Chennai. Completed in Sep 2014.
- Guide for PhD research “ Subglottic and upper tracheal response to injury and medication – an animal study” by Dr S Prasanna kumar , Associate Professor, Dept of ENT, Head & Neck Surgery, SRMC & RI, Chennai. Completed in May 2015
- Guide for PhD research “ Neonatal hearing screening of high risk infants” conducted at Sri Ramachandra hospital by Mr Heramba Ganapathy, Lecturer, Department of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University. Completed in July 2015.
- Co – Guide for PhD research “Assessment of Accuracy of preoperative High Resolution Computed Tomography temporal bone measurements in predicting the visualization of round window as viewed through facial recess” Reg No.Ph.D.(RR)/319-F.T/V/2012 dated 01.07.12, conducted by Mr. Saikiran, PhD Scholar. Completed in February 2016.
- ‘Laryngotracheal stenosis – a new indigenous stent design’ TePP project conducted by Dr (Maj) Prasannakumar under auspices of Department of Science & Technology and guided by Prof A Ravikumar. Completed in 2015.
- “Active controlled trial of the safety and tolerability of MP 29-02 in subjects with chronic allergic or non allergic rhinitis” - Omnicare study Prof A Ravikumar was the principal investigator with Dr K Senthil and Dr L Somu as Co investigators. Completed in 2009.
- Chief investigator, DRDO project “Indigenous cochlear implant clinical trial”. SRMC & DRDO.
- Chief Investigator, DRDO project “Hearing Protection Device for Army Personnel”. SRMC & Anna University, Chennai.
“Mutation analysis of the GJB2, GJB6, GJB3, POU3F4, WFSI genes in consanguineous families having a child afflicted with non-syndromic bilateral profound sensorineural hearing loss”.IEC No. IEC-NI/16/MAR/51/18
Guide for Ph.D research “Speech perception abilities in Tamil speaking children – a prospective study” being conducted by Ms. Prathiba Dawson, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Speech , Language & Hearing Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University.
Guide for Ph.D research “A study on effects of vocal hygiene and a holistic approach in individuals with hyperfunctional voice disorder” being conducted by Ms. Shenbagavalli, Lecturer, Dept. of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University.
Guide for Ph.D research “Correlation of electrophysiological responses with behavioral responses and programming parameters in children with cochlear implant”. Reg No. (RR)/428.P.T./V/2015. being conducted by Ms. Muthuselvi, Lecturer, Department of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University.
Co – Guide for PhD research “Efficacy of voice therapy in facilitating vocal health in teachers with voice problem” being conducted by Ms. Aishwarya Nallamuthu, Lecturer, Dept. of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University.