The two-year full-time MBA program and three –year full time BBA program is offered in SRIHER (DU), MBA program is spread across four semesters and offering specializations in healthcare finance, healthcare quality and healthcare HR. The structure of the programme is designed to give students the best in industry exposure and a nurturing classroom environment, to help them become the leaders of tomorrow, in the specialization of their choice.
Healthcare has become one of India’s largest sectors – both in terms of revenue and employment. The Indian healthcare sector is growing at a brisk pace due to its strengthening coverage, services and increasing expenditure by public as well private players
Hospitals and healthcare service providers are faced with rapid changes in the delivery of patient care services like never before. Research confirms that healthcare managers are an important missing link in bringing about healthcare reforms. Such managers can bring defining and significant changes in patient benefits. Business professionals, therefore, are the drivers of change and innovation in many organizations
Management professionals in hospital and health systems domain receive specialized training to improve the service delivery to patients in hospitals and health care organizations. Most of the changes are required in the way work is organized and not in terms of availability or lack of technology.
Students may choose elective in three functional area/domain of management based on their interest and competence, by choosing to do five (5) elective courses in the chosen area/domain.
Three elective streams are – Healthcare Quality, Healthcare HR, and Healthcare Finance
Healthcare Finance - The objective of this course is to familiarize the student with a wide variety of financial decision-making situations focusing on long-term financial management and value creation. This course is designed to introduce to the student theoretical and practical aspects of the market for futures, options and other derivatives. The focus will be on the principles of valuation, risk management and practical problem solving. Students are also provided with a working knowledge of Central Sales Tax, and Central Excise and Customs Act.
Healthcare Quality – This elective stream addresses issues related to quality of healthcare, patient center outcomes, and performance measurement and improvement. The curriculum is designed for public health, clinical and management professionals, who wish to develop the expertise to identify challenges in these areas, implement evidence based interventions and improve care delivery.
Healthcare HR - The course will focus on the issues involved in linking HRM strategies to the business strategies of multinational firms. In the process it will discuss various theories and models that have attempted to link international business strategies and HRM strategies and also the various strategic issues involved in managing different international HRM activities.
MBA CURRICULUM FOR BATCH 2019-2021
B.B.A (Hospital and Health Systems Management) Programme, 2019-20
- A candidate who seeks admission for M.B.A must have Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category). MAT, CMAT, ZAT - A minimum percentage in MAT, CMAT & ZAT is also eligible.
- A candidate shall at the time of admission submit to the Head of the Institution, a Certificate of Medical Fitness from an authorized Medical Officer certifying that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic program and does not suffer from any disability or contagious disease.
40 STUDENTS FOR BBA (HOSPITAL AND HEALTH SYSTEMS MGT)
60 STUDENTS FOR MBA (HOSPITAL AND HEALTH SYSTEMS MGT)
- World-class teaching by experienced and dedicated faculty
- Eminent visiting faculty from the industry
- Industry-oriented curriculum
- Innovative pedagogy
- Intensive hands-on posting
- Excellent placements in India and abroad
- Group discussion areas
- State-of-the-art computer laboratory
- Well-stacked central and school libraries
TEACHING AND LEARNING RESOURCES:
- Reference and lending library with over various books, reports, journals, periodicals, CDs and video cassettes.
- High Speed Internet access in the academic block and hostels.
- Well-equipped classrooms with latest audio video technology.
- Smart boards and digital projectors in class rooms for better learning.
- Computer lab with broadband connectivity to the Internet and Intranet with 100 computers with exclusive lease lines.
- Access to business simulation.
- Authorized case center for Harvard case