Faculty of Physiotherapy
Conferences organized by the department
- Faculty of Physiotherapy organized 4th “Smt.Kamalam Ramasamy Udayar Endowment Oration in Physiotherapy” on 16.09.19 (Monday). Prof. S.Srinivas Rau, Head of the Department, Department of Physiotherapy, Institute of Health Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Orissa delivered an oration on “MY TYRST WITH PHYSIOTHERAPY. Orator highlighted his professional life as a physiotherapist. He shared his experiences as a clinician, academician & researcher. He also narrated how the profession has changed and what will be its future. Around 100 delegates participated.
- CPE on clinical reasoning in musculoskeletal practice by Mr. Raghu Chovvath, Faculty, Institute of Therapeutic Sciences, Michigan, the USA on 11.10.18
- National CPE on Renal Rehabilitation by. E. Indhumathi, Associate Professor, Nephrology, SRMC & RI (Deemed to be University), Prof. P. Soundararajan, Head, Nephrology, Saveetha Medical College and Hospital, Prof. Arun. G. Maiya, Associate Dean, SOAHS, Manipal University, Ms. Swati Sharma, Consultant Renal Physiotherapist & Academic Coordinator, Pt.JNM Medical College, Raipur, Chhattisgarh &Prof. A.J.Hemamalini, Head, Clinical Nutrition, SRIHER (DU) on 18.8.18.
- CPE on Exercise Evaluation and Prescription ” by Dr.G. Arun Maiya Professor & Associate Dean, Manipal University, Manipal on 20.02.18.
- Smt.Kamalam Ramasamy Udayar Endowment Oration in Physiotherapy “Diabetic Foot Care: Stepping ahead-Novel approach for early screening and prevention of foot complications” by Dr.G. Arun Maiya Professor & Chair- Research, Manipal University, Manipal on 04.09.17.
- Sri Ramachandra Physiotherapy Rapid Review Education (SPREE) – 2017 by All Faculties of Physiotherapy from 6th to 8th July 2017.
- “SPREE-2019”(“Sri Ramachandra Rapid Review Education Program”) was organized by the Faculty of physiotherapy on 3rd,4th,5th October 2019. On day 1 various topics on Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Women’s Health and cardiorespiratory topics were covered on day 2 and Neurological physiotherapy topics were done on Day 3.External speakers and faculties of physiotherapy spoke on various topics and made this three days workshop successful.
- Faculty of Physiotherapy had organized a one-day workshop on Cyriax Techniques on 17th, September 2019. The whole session of. S.Srinivas Rau, Head of the Department, Department of Physiotherapy, Institute of Health Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Orissa was interactive and refreshing. The techniques demonstrated by him were useful. He gave good clinical reasoning skills on the choice of technique.
- The workshop on chronic pain was conducted by Dr.Carol. Clark Bournemouth University19.2.2019.
- The Alumni Chapter of Faculty of Physiotherapy Mr. G. Praburaja, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Sports Sciences MAHE Manipal organized Hands of Training in “Role of a myofascial continuum in upper quarter dysfunctions on 12.12.18.
- Workshop on exercise and women after childbirth Mrs. V. Mahalalakshmi, Professor PSG
College of Physiotherapy, Coimbatore, Mrs. B. Sathyaprabha, Associate Professor Faculty of
Physiotherapy, SRIHER(DU &Mrs. P. Ponmathi Assistant Professor, Faculty of Physiotherapy SRIHER(DU) on 16.11.18.
- Workshop on Contemporary rehabilitation for upper limb after stroke by Prof. Susan Hiller, Dean, Research operations, the University of Australia from 17.09.18 to 18.09.18 Workshop on Proprioceptive Neuro Muscular facilitation (PNF) by Mr. Harpreet Singh, Physiotherapist, AIMS, New Delhi on 19.9.18.
- Workshop on Maitland based Manual therapy by Prof. Steve Milanese Program Director of Health Science degree program, Director International Centre for Allied Health Evidence, the University of South on 11.04.18 &12.04.18.
- Workshop on Vestibular Rehabilitation by Dr. John Solomon, Associate Professor,SOAHS, Manipal on 13.04.18.
- Cadaveric workshop on safety aspects of dry needling by Mr. RaghuChovvath, Faculty,
Institute of Therapeutic Sciences, Michigan, USA on 12.10.18.
- Alumni chapter of Faculty of physiotherapy organized the Career Guindance by Mr.Prahalad on 17/12/2019.
- The Alumni Chapter of Faculty of Physiotherapy organized the Career Guidance program
Mr.Sriram on November 21, 2019.
- The Alumni Chapter of Faculty of Physiotherapy organized the Career Guidance program Mr.N.Manigandan, Director, Ann Physiocare clinics, London 01.8.2019.
- Awareness in Cardiopulmonary Physical therapy Dr.Maleka Hashmi Sheffield Hallam University 9.7.2019 Blended learning sensitization program conducted by SRIHER on May 1, 2019.
- Fall risk evaluation on World Diabetes Day on 14/11/19-Fall risk evaluation and education talk was rendered by Dr.R.Sivakumar.
- National Education Day was celebrated in the Faculty of Physiotherapy on 11.11.2019 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Shri. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India. The importance of education, educating girl children, the support given by the Government for education, the means to get educational loans from banks, about physiotherapy course were explained by the students to the patients and their caretakers attending the outpatient physiotherapy department. Around 70 individuals benefitted by this program.
- Industrial visit to Technomed on22/08/2019 .Ms.M.Rajeswari,Ms.Sridevi and Mr.T.Senthilkumar and Ms.B.Sathyaprabha accompanied the seventh semester students of the faculty of physiotherapy. The students were oriented with making and functioning of various physiotherapy equipments.
- The arts and crafts club 2019-2020 started on August 2019. Craft session was scheduled on
every working Monday and Photography club on every working Thursday 9-10 am.
- Multidisciplinary antenatal education classes were started on 18/10/ 2019. Regular classes
were being conducted on the first and third Saturdays throughout the year.
- Department of Environmental Health Engineering organized a field visit to VRINDHAVAN
ashram at Sri Ramachandra mission at Thirupachur on 28.09.19. 24 I BPT students (2019-20
batch) along with Mrs.Rajeswari Associate Prof accompanied the field visit. We started the
trip by 9.00 am and reached by 10.00 am. The first part of the trip involved the planting of trees which was assisted by the volunteers in the ashram. Followed by that, we had a session on knowing the importance of MINDFULNESS meditation and also experienced 20 minutes of meditation.
- On field physiotherapy services for inter-corporate mini Olympics was organized by the Faculty of physiotherapy on01.03.2014 at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Sports Physiotherapist for CBSE Cluster V Basket Ball Tournament for Boys and girls organized by Chettinad Vidhyshram School, Chennai from 03.11.14 to 06.11.14.
- On-field physiotherapy services for Inter-corporate mini Olympic program at Jawaharlal Nehru
Stadium held on 26.11.11.