Sri Ramachandra Centre for Women’s Advancement
Sri Ramachandra Centre for Women’s Advancement (SRCWA) was started in the year 2007
Vision: To empower women to excel in all spheres of life.
Mission: To encourage and support women for professional and personal advancement.
Combining academic insight with real-world strategies, the Center works to advance women’s career development through advocacy and raising awareness of women’s issues to create a more level playing field, where diverse talent can innovate and excel.
There are 9 constituent colleges affiliated to the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University). Out of the total number of staff and Faculty, 69% are Females.
- At Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University), we treat all our associates fairly at work irrespective of gender. We ensure the health and well being of all our women associates and promote training and professional development of women. The RAMACHANDRA CENTRE FOR WOMEN’S ADVANCEMENT (SRCWA) was initiated in the year 2007 with the vision to empower women associates and to offer them a healthy work-life balance. SRCWA will conduct Diversity and Inclusion[D&I] programs & empowerment workshops for our women associates.
- To conduct Workshops, continuing Education Programme on the awareness in health related issues, women in academics & research & In decision making, time management, financial planning, tradition and culture.
- To create women friendly policies.
- To provide day care services for children of staff &faculty of university.
- To conduct camps and outreach activities at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University).
The important events that will be annually conducted are;
- International Women’s Day on March 8 th
- Campus Environment Day ( Mrs. Kamalam Udayar Birth anniversery )
- Continuing Educational Programme
Co - Ordinators