Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Engineering and Technology (SRET) is the new addition to Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education (Deemed University) with a mission to promote excellence in engineering and technology education, to prepare graduates to solve society’s problems, and to be at the forefront of innovation and applied research.
SRET programs are modelled after some of the best programs in India and around the world. With a blend of strong fundamentals and experiential learning, they are aimed at preparing graduates to meet the engineering challenges of industry and society.Engineering and technology programs at such institutions as the IIT, and the NIT in India and others elsewhere served as benchmark programs formulating the curricula.
Input from experts in industry, academia and the research organizations guided the development of the programs and their curricula. Sri Ramachandra Faculty of Engineering and Technology (SRET) is planned to be launched in stages, the following are the programs planned for the first phase i.e, 2019-2020:
- B.Tech - Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial intelligence and Machine learning)- B.Tech - Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security and Internet of Things)
the following are the programes planned for Second Phase:
- B.Tech - Computer Science and Medical Engineering- B.Tech - Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering- B.Tech - Biomedical Engineering and Robotics
The unique aspects of the SRET’s degree programs are:
SRET Leadership and Faculty
- Developed in response to the current and future needs of industry
- Graduates of the programs will have technical competencies in at least two areas
- While emphasizing the fundamentals of science and engineering, the primary focus is on the application of engineering principles to solve industry’s problems
- Offering ample opportunities to gain hands on experience through lab work, industry sponsored projects and summer and academic year internships
- Facilitating students to work with their counterparts in India and overseas and undertake collaborative research projects even at the bachelors degree level
- Provisions to study at partner universities overseas for up to two semesters
- Develop leadership skills through formal curricular and informal co-curricular activities
- Transfer provisions to partner universities overseas for post graduate level studies
The SRET Programs are advised and guided by an expert panel from industry, academia and international institutions. A Board of Studies for each program guides, supports and monitors the development and implementation of its curriculum, course syllabi, teaching and learning process and the assessment and evaluations. The School is headed by an Executive Director / Principal. The Programs are under the leadership of Program Coordinators and the Head of the Department.