Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established on 03.09.2009 as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure after NAAC Peer Team visit in September 2009. The team was constituted with Vice Chancellor as the Chairperson and 3 external experts as part of the team along with members drawn from academic and administration.
Objectives of IQAC
- To sustain and enhance the Quality in all formats of Education, Health Care & Research.
- To facilitate the initiatives towards technological advancement and innovation in educational methodologies.
- To provide training for faculty, Research students to utilize the state of the art educational technologies and research facilities
- To initiate best quality practices to be experimented by the constituent faculties of SRIHER and to participate in their internalization
- To Collect and collate data from all the departments so as to enable the University to participate in National Ranking programs of the governmental & non-governmental agencies and to extend to international agencies.
- Regular conduct of meetings to share the inputs relating to decision making in the areas of Quality measures of the University.
- To conduct workshops and conferences on quality issues relating to Teaching learning and research for internalization to Constituent Colleges as well as outside institutions.
Guidelines for IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Define parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process in coordination with Dean Education.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
Evidence of Success
- IQAC has become a central documentation Centre for ready reference of data for the University as well as for the Constituent Colleges to submit reports to any accrediting bodies, or for any ranking agencies
- Facilitated effectively in the development of e-governance portal (SRU Connect) which is being increasingly accessed by all faculty, administrators, staff, students and parents
- Feedback forms are revised and made available in SRU portal.
- Initiated introduction of research portal called Researgence to update faculty research profiles
- The University has been included under Category I status based on CGPA (3.62 on a 4.0 scale) of NAAC Cycle – 2 Accreditation by UGC/MHRD, New Delhi
- The University along with Medical and Pharmacy Colleges is able to compete in NIRF ranking.
- Participation in the field trial of new Health Science manual of NAAC, Bengaluru in 2013 & 2018
- The data required for various surveys by agencies such as Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), AISHE, MHRD or any other ranking agencies is provided by IQAC
- It has been focal point for all quality documents