Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University) RESEARCH VISION - 2025
“Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University) will emerge as one of the TOP TWENTY Medical and Allied Sciences universities in the world universities ranking by contributing to high quality Education, Healthcare, Biomedical Translational Research and to the Society”.
Goals & Objective of SRU – Research Vision 2025
- Augmenting sponsored research programmes to facilitate optimum utilization of the research – infrastructure developed already and strengthening of Industry R&D projects.
- Teaching cum Healthcare Centre(s) development in collaboration with Boston University & other leading foreign Universities.
- Optimum utilization of Medical Centre infrastructure by putting in place a modern methodology of feeder network.
- Attracting talented faculty members from within and outside India to build an intellectual capital for the university.
- Modernization of Administration by introduction of e-governance MIS in university and Hospital / Medical Centre
- ICT networking of the entire campus with 1 gigabyte internet connectivity and subscribing to National knowledge Network
- Setting up of simulation laboratories
- Up gradation of Library facilities with electronic connectivity to all Colleges & units and access to e-journals
- Training of faculty members in ICT methods to use the above modernization.
- Launching of New UG/PG programs through twinning & joint – degree methodology with Indian /Foreign Universities.
- Establishment of Science & Technology Park with a Research Tower in partnership with Industries.
- Strengthening of International collaborations & promotion of year long activities with all the collaborating Institutions.
- Acquiring the status of “Centres of Excellence” to departments in Clinical, non-clinical and Basic medical & paramedical Sciences Disciplines
- Submitting to Renewal of accreditation from NAAC, JCI, NABH and / or any other national accreditation body as may be stipulated by Government of India.
- Expansion of the University with off-campuses & off-shore Campuses
- Setting up of Virtual learning Centres in the Campuses of SRU to facilitate e-learning with national / international institutions / experts.
- Establishment of new Super-Specialities in clinical disciplines and new department in colleges.
- Getting the Recognition of “International Centre of Excellence in Translational Medicine & Biomedical Nanotechnology” for the University
- Recognition of departments / centres in colleges /Medical Centre as ICMR/DBT/DST/DRDO – Advanced Centres for Research in areas of Excellence
- Building up of Engineering & Technology programs in emerging, interdisciplinary areas of medical technology
- Building up of multiple campuses of Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University) to evolve the institution as a 24/7 and 365 days dynamic Sri Ramachandra Medicity.