Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be University) - Transport
Contact No. – 154/354 (Extn.)
SRU has a well-established transport department providing extensive transport facility. Apart from rendering service for day-to-day commutation of the staff and students within Chennai and its suburbs, the transport department also takes care of the following travel needs.
- Regular community visits of Nursing & MBBS students to PHCs & villages
- Academic visits of all the SRU departments
- Regular health camps conducted by various departments of the SRMC (SRU Hospital)
- Field visits of research projects
- Mobile health facility for departments like Dentistry & Physiotherapy
- Ambulance and Telemedicine
- Guest pickup & drop during SRU events like conferences, workshops, etc.
The coverage of this transport includes not only in & around Chennai but also extends to the nearby districts of Thiruvallur, Kanchipuram & Vellore (usually), and also to faraway places like Rasipuram for special events like Annual Health Camps commemorating Founder’s Day, etc (occasionally).
Timing - Round the clock service (3 drivers are available for ‘night shift’ duty daily)
Infrastructure - Staff strength: 76 (including 61 drivers)
Click here for bus route details