About the Department / Program
The Department of Radiation Oncology was inaugurated on 27th January 2017. SRMC boasts of a world class state of the art comprehensive Radiotherapy facility equipped with the VERSA HD digital LINAC from Elekta U.K. which has the latest 160 leaf AGILITY MLC and USG based Image guidance unit CLARITY which offers the fastest high precision Radiotherapy available today. The VERSA HD enables modern day radiotherapy treatment techniques such as 3D CRT, IMRT, IGRT and VMAT (Rapid Arc), Stereotactic treatment and Triple F treatment. Department also offers HDR Brachytherapy treatment for a wide array of cancers with the help of HDR Microselectron Machine. The hospital is also equipped with the Biograph Horizon model PET CT scanner from M/s Siemens of Germany which facilitates accurate Cancer Staging and Radiotherapy planning.
• State of the art world class radiotherapy facility.
• Latest generation linear accelerator - VERSA HD from M/s Elekta.
• 160 leaf MLC agility with highest leaf speed. (first in the state).
• Robotic 6D couch - Hexapod facility.
• Ultrasound guided image verification - CLARITY (first in the state).
• 18 channel HDR Microselectron for Brachytherapy.
• Highest precision in treatment.
• Faster treatment time.
• Safer treatment.