We offer degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels in the field of Audiology.
1. Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (B. ASLP) - Course commences in the month of July every year
Eligibility: Candidate should have passed with a minimum of 50% in 10+2 examination or equivalent/ two years of Pre-University/Pre-Degree examination conducted by the Pre-University Board or Education Department of respective state. Further, the candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry & Biology / Mathematics / Computer Science / Statistics / Electronics / Psychology and should be of age 17 years or above. Admissions are based on qualifying entrance examinations conducted at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research.
For additional information on the course –
2. M. Sc (Audiology) - Course commences in the month of July/August every year
Eligibility: Candidates should have completed 4 years (including 1 year internship) of Bachelors degree in the field of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology from institutions recognized by RCI. Admissions are based on qualifying entrance examinations conducted at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research.
For additional information on the course –
3. Ph.D. program
SRFASLP has grown over the last 20 years to provide a strong learning environment for pursuing doctoral studies as part-time and full-time researchers.
As of April 2023, 11 candidates have completed part-time PhD and 24 candidates are pursuing their doctoral studies.
Prospective candidates may go through the PhD regulations
on the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research website for details regarding eligibility for part-time and full-time PhD, entrance exam for PhD and admission process. Full time PhD candidates may apply for intramural funding through the Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research Founder Chancellor Shri N. P. Ramasamy Udayar Research Fellowships or extramural funding in collaboration with the faculty. Please contact us for more information about the PhD program.
For additional information on the available PhD guides – Click here
In addition to transacting the academic and clinical curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in Audiology, we have been actively engaged in providing several additional training opportunities to our students as well as working professionals. Examples of such additional training are listed below:
- Special training on cochlear implant mapping using relevant software
- Special training for conducting newborn hearing screening
- On the job training for interns at various audiology and hearing centres in Chennai
We also provide training inputs to students from other departments within the University including departments of Nursing, Human Genetics, Paediatrics, ENT- Head & Neck Surgery among others and other Universities such as University of Toronto, Vellore Institute of Technology, etc.
Teachers / Faculty Training
Faculty members undergo basic level Faculty Development Program (FDP) in the initial few years of joining the university. Advance level training is provided for senior faculty. Training is provided both within the faculty and at other Universities.
- Wednesdays of every week are dedicated to providing opportunities for learning through vertical integration of all batches of students. A range of programs are conducted from 2 to 4 pm on Wednesdays’ including clinical case presentations, guest lectures and seminars by eminent speakers from different areas, clinical lectures and workshops.
- Small group clinical presentations in Audiology are done in the clinics focussing on students experience in working with patients in the clinic
- We have developed several self learning modules to encourage independent learning and practice in topics such as newborn hearing screening, auditory processing disorders etc.
- Faculty and students jointly attend webinars arranged by National and International organisations
- Opportunities for gaining insights into life skills are provided through interactions with eminent persons in a program called ‘Antar Prerna’.
For admission related enquires, please contact us at: 044 - 45928500, extension number: 8969