Trauma Care Management
About the Department / Program
- This an integrated paramedic training program catered by Department of Emergency medicine in association with Department of Emergency and Trauma Care Technology ( Trauma Care Management )
- First time in India
- Introduced in the year 2000
- Program is offered under the banner of Faculty of Allied Health Sciences.
- 3 + 1 year (mandatory Internship)
- The department teaches the students on how to perform Emergency resuscitation, stabilization and transfer of critically ill patients.
- It also teaches them the disaster Management and how to respond an event of Mass Casualty Incident.
- An active clinical learning environment for paramedic training program.
- M.Sc. Trauma Care Management also offered
- Conducting American Heart Association programs on BLS, ACLS etc.
What in the speciality
- Pre Hospital Management ( Medical, Trauma, Environmental, Behavioural emergencies etc.)
- Didactic sessions - Power point presentations, Smart board, Interactive Lectures
- Practical sessions - Skills Lab, Hands on Training
- Clinical Postings – Ward visit, ICUs , Emergency Room, Labor and Surgical Units.
- Case scenario based discussion
- Regular Assessment & Evaluation
- Online feedback mechanism
Clinical services provided (Speciality work)
- First healthcare professionals to arrive at any scene of an Emergency.
- 1 of a 2-person ambulance crew
- Trained to resuscitate
- Stabilizing critically ill patients
- Use of sophisticated techniques, equipment and drugs.
- Pre-hospital Care and Transportation
- Basic and Advanced cardiac Life Support skills
- Part of Trauma and Triage team
Awards for clinical work
- Rescue and Relief operations in the building collapse which occurred at Moulivakkam.
Accreditation for clinical services
- American Heart Association (AHA) – International Training Centre
- Basic & Advanced Disaster Module in assosciation with Brimingham University