Name of the course: Diploma in General nursing and midwifery (DGNM)
Duration of course: Three years and six months (inclusive of Internship period)
1. Candidate shall be 17- 35 years at the time of admission.
2. The minimum educational requirements shall be +2 passed with any subject, with minimum of 40% aggregate marks. 5% relaxation is permitted to sc/students.
3. Admission of students shall be once in a year
4. Candidates shall be medically fit
5. Only females are eligible
6. Married girls are also eligible (Subject to the condition that they should produce medical fitness certificate).
To establish uniform standard of nursing education for nursing in the country, the INC prescribes the syllabus and regulations for the Diploma in General nursing and midwifery training programme.
This program is governed by the Chairman, Board of Examination for General Nursing and Midwives
||Year of training
||Diploma in General Nursing and midwifery (DGNM)
|| I year
From 200 onwards “Mother Theresa’s Gold Medal has been awarded for the best outgoing student and top scorer in the board examination every year.
As per the norms of the INC syllabus the clinical postings to the students are given on rotation inclusive of all the fields of Nursing.
All the faculty leave the School of Nursing at 8.30a.m to the clinical area to guide, teaching and to supervise the students and stay with them till 12.00noon.
To bring in a better performance in all the core/subjects of first year DGNM students, a special quiz is conducted, a fortnight before appearing for board examination.
Parent teacher meet is conducted as and when needed.
The faculty student ratio is 1:10 is accordance to the Indian Nursing Council norms.Faculty development, Faculty meeting, Journal club, Staff development programme are conducted every month.
Two of our faculty attended faculty development programme on 2nd, 3rd and 4th of September 2013 which was conducted by Education Unit of Health Science College of Sri Ramachandra.