Mind Body Medicine and Lifestyle Sciences
Conferences organized by the department
3.World Kindness Day, 13th November 2020
4.World Sleep Day celebrations 2021 (jointly with Department of Physiology & Psychiatry)
- Drawing competition and Slogan writing competitions theme “Regular Sleep, Healthy Future”.
- Posters designed for World Sleep Day to promote quality Sleep
5.International CME on SLEEP (22nd February 2021)
Dr.Kamalesh K Gulia, scientist, additional professor, division of sleep research, BMT wing
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical sciences Technology.
Dr. Sundar Gnanavel, child and adolescent psychiatrist, UK.
6. March 19th, 2021, WORLD SLEEP DAY 2021 CME
“Importance of Sleep in Homeostasis” by Dr.Kannan, Associate Professor of Physiology, Madras Medical College.
“Sleep and behavioural disorders” by Dr.Vijayaraghavan, Consultant Psychiatrist-Research, SCRAF.
Dr.Sathyarajeswaran, Asst. Director, Siddha Central Research Institute, spoke on “Sleep enhancers – Techniques and methods from the Indian system of Medicine”.
7.Lifestyle medicine and Endocrinology lecture series along with Department of Endocrinology – Resource person: Dr.A.Sakthivel, Consultant Endocrinologist, The Hormone Clinic, Trichy – Lifestyle Medicine & Endocrinology, 30th March 2021
8.SYMMED 2021- International Symposium on Stress, Yoga, Meditation and Mind Body Medicine – April 10th – May 2nd 2021(Saturdays and Sundays)
9.International Yoga Day was celebrated with the students of Mind Body and Lifestyle Sciences creating posters. Each poster was displayed on our social media handle of SRIHER from June 1st to June 21st
10.World Heart day – Webinar (in collaboration with SRET) - 29th Sep 2021
11.International Geriatric Day – Webinar (in collaboration with Dept. of Physiology & Geriatrics) - 1st Oct 2021
- “Neurobiology of Aging” by Dr.VL Arulselvan, Neurologist from Apollo Hospitals … A warm welcome to you for being with us here.
- “Physical Activity Promotion using Digital Tools” by Prof.Narasimman swaminathan, Vice Principal, FAHS
- “Care to the Elderly”- Mr.S.Premkumar Raja, Co-founder and Honorary secretary of Nightingale Medical Trust
12.13th Nov 2021: World Diabetes day – Webinar (In collaboration with Dept. of Endocrinology)
- Ketogenic Diet and diabetes by Dr. Unnikrishnan Thampy, M, Dept of Medicine – Hospitalist, Greenwich Hospital, Yale-New Haven Health System, USA
- Diabetes and Psycho neuro immune endocrinology by Dr.Vaishali Deshmukh MD, DNB, DM (Endo), Asst Prof. Endocrinology, Sassoon General Hospital and BJMC, Pune
Call : 044-45928500, 7081
Email : email@example.com