Under Graduate – BDS
The Prosthodontic department is involved in teaching Dental materials and Prosthodontics from the FIRST YEAR TO FINAL YEAR of the undergraduate course. The teaching methodology, the materials for teaching, hands on experience utilizing the latest materials are comparable to any recognized university of the country and fulfils the high standards of teaching. The undergraduate clinical students gain clinical experience in treating patients on a one is to one ratio under the guidance of specialist faculties whereas the preclinical students were trained in state of art simulators for their laboratory exercises. The department faculties have brought out a Color atlas and Descriptive Manual on preclinical prosthodontics titled "" The Art of Learning Preclinical Prosthodontis - Color atlas and Descriptive manual"" in 2018, depicting step by stpe pictorial representation of all the relevent preclinical excercises along with crucial theoretical text. The 2nd edition was released in 2021.
Post Graduate – MDS
Duration -3 years
Annual Intake - 6
The POST GRADUATE COURSE is spread over three years of planned and systematic training in treating dento-facial anomalies and implant supported prosthesis. To render high qualities of treatment and training, the post graduate laboratory is equipped with latest equipments. In addition to clinical and laboratory training, research is an essential part of the curriculum and all students are motivated to execute research projects.
All faculties have undergone faculty development programme
- Dr. S. Madhankumar Associate professor Department of Prosthodontics has been awarded the MSC Gerontology degree from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom on November 2014. and also awarded Membership in Faculty of Dental Sciences Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, United Kingdom in March 2019.
- Best Dental Educator Award for Dr. S. Madhankumar, in the World Dental and Oral
- Health Congress Conference held in London, United Kingdom.
- Dr. I. Athiban awarded Diplomate in International congress of Implantologist conference held Delhi 2019.
- International congress of Implantologist fellowship achieved by Faculty and Postgraduates.
Module based Pre-clinical exercises
One to one teaching
Video demonstration for preclinical exercises and clinical work
Viva based learning after each preclinical steps