Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry
Importance of Psychological Ownership in Dental Education :
In India or any part of the world, when a student graduates from dental school/ institution, he/she enters to work field, in which the majority of dentists become small business owners either individually or in a group or join corporate practices. Apart from being the clinic owner, the dentist should also supervise other health care professionals inclusive of other dentists, dental assistants, laboratory technicians, and receptionists. The new emerging dentist would largely be focusing on administrative tasks like human resources, purchasing equipment, insurance plans, maintaining inventories, and advertising. Each of these areas requires skill sets, which must be mastered to lead and manage a successful business enterprise. Excellent communication skills, self-discipline, and sound business background are essential to thrive in private practice as well. Development of this adroitness is frequently not a primary focus in the dental school setting. The introduction of a concept like the PO can assist them to establish or master numerous aforementioned skills during their learning process in dental school. This will facilitate a gradual transition of students from the dental school environment to private practice smoothly without apprehensions of setting up, and running a private practice.
Interdisciplinary Programs :
• Rotatory Pediatrics Postings for Post Graduate (PG) Students and Interns
• Cleft Postings for PGs (Cleft Lip & Palate)
• Pediatric Oncology
• Vidhya Sudha
Broad Area of Clinical Work Performed Under Chair Side :
Routine Treatments Rendered :
1. Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Prophylaxis
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Fluoride Application
- Anticipatory Guidance and Infant Oral Hygiene Measures
- Diet Counselling
- Brushing instructions and demonstration
2. Restorative Dentistry
- Composite restoration
- Glass Ionomer Cement (GIC) restorations
- Deep caries management
- Preventive Resin Restoration
- Stainless steel crowns (SSC)
- Hall’s and Modified Hall’s Technique of SSC
- Strip crowns - Jacket crowns
- Anterior SSC
- Zirconia Crowns
3. Pediatric Endodontics
- Root canal treatment
- Lesion Sterilization and Tissue Repair (LSTR) - Apexification
- Post and core
4. Interceptive Orthodontics
- Fixed space maintainer
- Removable space maintainer
- Habit breaking appliance
- Minor orthodontic appliances
- Soft splint
- James Appliance
5. Surgical Procedures
- Surgical removal of Mesiodens, Supernumerary Teeth, Impacted Toth, Odontome
- Mucocele Excision
- Laser Surgical Procedures
6. Dental Trauma Management
- Fragment reattachment
- Splinting after repositioning
Speciality Treatments :
1. Full Mouth Rehabilitation under General Anesthesia
2. Dental Care for Special Children
3. Full Mouth Rehabilitation of Cleft Lip and Palate Children
4. Oral Sedation
Infrastructure/ Equipments :
- Individual preclinical work area.
- Air-conditioned individual complete clinical work area.
- State of the art dental chair exclusively for the post graduates.
- Department library with various books related to pediatric dentistry and general dentistry.
- Seminar room with audio visual facility.
- Radiovisiography and latest technology devices for regular clinical practices.