Orthodontics And Dentofacial Orthopedics
Conferences organized by the department
- CDE program on Orthodontics and Airway by Prof. Mimi Yow, Senior Consultant and Clinical Associate Professor, Orthodontics &Preventive Dentistry, National University of Singapore on 10.02.2017. Attendance: 50
- Master class on TADs in Orthodontics was organized for the faculty members and PGs on 2nd Sept. 2017. The speaker was Dr. Vijay Baswa, Orthodontist from Kuwait.
- 'Advance Damon Program’ on 1.07.2017. The speaker was Prof. Gurkeerat singh , Head-Department of Orthodontics and Vice Principal, Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences & Research, Faridabad. Attendance : 25
- CDE program by Dr. Snehalatha Oberoi, Director of the cleft and craniofacial orthodontic program and Professor of clinical Orofacial sciences at UCSF school of Dentistry on “Let’s be smart on retention” and “ Orthodontic management of cleft lip and palate from A-Z. Attendance: 65
- CDE program on ‘CBCT- The Cutting Edge’ on 02-05- 2016 by Dr. Krithika C., Head, Dept. of Oral Medicine & Radiology, Thai Moogambigai Dental College, Chennai. Attendance : 60
- CDE on Treatment Planning and Biomechanics - Current Perspectives by Dr. Anil P Ardeshna, Programme Director, Dept. of Orthodontics, Rutgers School of Dental Medicine, The State University of New Jersey, USA on 24th Feb. 2015. Attendance : 40
- CDE by Dr. Vimala G., Professor, Tamil Nadu Govt. Dental College, Chennai, Dr. Shantha Sundari , Saveetha Dental College,Chennai and Dr.Vadivel Kumar, Salem on 5th Oct. 2015. Attendance :105
- JIOS Workshop on Research Methodology and Scientific Writing (Hosted by the dept. of Orthodontics) on 7th Sep. 2015. Attendance :85
- Faculty Development Workshop for members of the Indian Orthodontic Society at SRU on 3rd Nov. 2014. Attendance: 25
- Post convention workshop on Herbst Appliance Therapy on 1st Oct. 2014 at SRU Attendance: 25
- Indian Board of Orthodontics promotion program by Dr. C. Ramachandra, Dr. Gautham Munjal, Dr. Sailesh Deshmukh, Dr. Ashok Surana, Dr. Sanjay Ganeshkar, Dr.Jayesh Rahalkar, Dr. Sumitra Reddy on 23rd Aug. 2014. Attendance : 20
- CDE Program & Live Demonstration on Miniscrews in Orthodontics on 13th Mar. 2014. Attendance : 99
- The Department of Orthodontics conducted its 2nd Rapid Review Program- ROAR 2017 (Ramachandra Orthodontic Accelerated Review) from 5th to 7th January
Fourth Rapid Review program was organized- ROAR 2019 (Ramachandra Orthodontic Accelerated Review) from 7th to 9th January. 135 postgraduates from various states across India participated in the program.
Third Rapid Review Program for postgraduate students- ROAR 2018 - Ramachandra Orthodontic Accelerated Review – 4th to 6th January 2018. 120 postgraduates participated in the program.
Live demonstration on placement of Infrazygomatic crest screws and buccal shelf screws by Dr. Vivek Patni from Mumbai for the faculty and the post graduate students on 28th August 2018.
Dept. in association with Lab One 20 – an initiative of Ramachandra Orthodontic Alumnus, Dr. Ashwin D Rajan and Madras Orthodontic Study Group organized a two days Lingual Orthodontic Workshop on 5th and 6th October 2018 at Chennai.
Second Rapid Review Program for postgraduate students- ROAR 2017 - Ramachandra Orthodontic Accelerated Review. Around 150 students from more than 20 dental colleges from Chennai and other parts of South India participated. Apart from lectures by eminent speakers, E poster competition and “Quizzical-The Orthodontic Quiz” for postgraduate students were also conducted.