Geriatric Care Clinic (GCC)
About the Department
Geriatric Care Clinic (GCC) is a pioneering attempt in SRMC to address the problems unique to the older adults, be it physical, psychological, or social, associated with aging. It is as a one-stop center for comprehensive care for individuals above the age of 50 in a multi-disciplinary setting. Any person above the age of 50 years can walk-in for the GCC expert consultation and opinion in an outpatient setting
GCC has special focus on memory disorders like Alzheimer’s Dementia & other types of dementias, as well as Neuro-psychiatric manifestations of disorders like Parkinson’s Disease, Epilepsy, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury etc.
Who can be referred?
- Patients 50 years and above attending any specialist services in SRMC with comorbid psychological & / or psycho-social issues or cognitive impairment
- Inpatients in the hospital with co-morbid physical and psychological problems
- Patients from the community who needs expert evaluation of their psychological and cognitive functioning, referred through their GP.
- Individuals can also present directly to the GCC outpatient clinic.
Any persons with following conditions /indications can walk-in
- Disability & Age related decline in muscle strength, vision, hearing, locomotion, nutrition and immunity.
- Psycho-somatic disorders
- Medical and Neurology patients with Co-morbid Psychiatric illnesses
- Memory disturbances/behavior changes
- Sleep disturbances
- Family stressors/interpersonal difficulties
- Elderly patients with chronic medical/surgical problems at risk for psychological
Click here for brochure