The Final discharge process may take upto 4 hours from the time of receipt of Final Bill and discharge Summary at the Insurance helpdesk and may extend if any queries are raised.
- It shall be our endeavour to follow up with the TPA and facilitate discharge on the same day, for all receipts before 12 NOON.
- It is generally not advisable to plan discharges on Government Holidays and Sundays, as Most of the TPAs do not work on these days and follow-up becomes difficult.
- At the time of discharge, if the bill amount exceeds the approved amount, further approval may be required for the enhanced amount or the patient should pay the difference.
- If the Final approval amount is pending from Insurance even beyond 8 PM, the patient has to PAY THE FULL AMOUNT as a deposit and obtain discharge. Once the approval is received, refund shall be made.
- Please note that the Hospital is not to be held responsible for delays in Final approvals from the TPA/ Insurer, as they are a chosen by the Insured.
- Refund is immediate if the payment by cash (subject to limit set by SRMC, from time to time). Else, if it has been by Debit/Credit card, we shall wait for 2 days to check realization before a refund is made. For the amount beyond the hospital limits, refund shall be by way of DD / NEFT
Insurance Helpdesk is only a facilitator and is not to be held liable for the approval / denial of your Preauthorization / Enhancement request. This is at the sole discretion of the respective TPA/ Insurer, based on policy terms and conditions. If in spite of our effective follow ups, the approval gets delayed from TPA side, the hospital is not to be held responsible. The approval rights vest with the Insurer / TPA.