The department of Surgical Oncology offers both outpatient and inpatient services for screening, diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. The department offers both minor and major operation theater services including endoscopy for various kinds of cancer
• Breast oncology
• Gynecological oncology
• Head and Neck oncology
• Gastrointestinal and Colorectal cancer surgery
• Hepato-pancreato-biliary (HPB) surgery
• Endocrine cancer surgery
• Skin cancers
• Bone tumors and Sarcoma surgery
• Lung cancer surgery
• Acute care general and palliative surgical oncology
• Rehabilitation services
Have state of the art latest equipments for Advanced Laparoscopy and minimal Access surgeries, Vessel sealing devices and HIPEC.
State of the art ICU for post-operative recovery after complicated surgeries.
Palliative care Rehabilitation clinic along with department of physiotherapy.
Tumor Board :
Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) Tumor Board meetings is regularly held every Tuesday and Friday.The experts from Surgical/ Medical/ Radiation Oncology, along with Pathologists and Radiologists regularly meet to discuss the management aspects of patient attending the Oncology outpatient departments. Other specialists are invited as and when required.
Inpatient services :
There are dedicated inpatient beds for Surgical Oncology patients and private ward beds. All patients planned for major surgical procedures are admitted few days prior to the date of surgery. Major operative procedures are performed in a fully equipped operation theatre complex. Following major operations, patients who require critical care are kept in ICU for few days.
Speciality treatments :
Complex surgeries needing high end oncological expertise and rehabilitation are performed routinely.
• Limb salvage surgeries with modular and custom made prosthesis.
• Limb salvage surgeries with intra-op Brachytherapy.
• Head and neck surgeries and microvascular reconstruction.
Minimally invasive surgeries including:
- Gynaecological surgeries.
- Gastrointestinal and colorectal surgeries.
- Lung cancer and mediastinal tumour surgeries.
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Advanced cancers of ovary and appendix.
- High Volume centre for Whipples Procedure.
- Oncoplastic breast surgeries.
Call : 044-4592 8567