Clinical experience in Neonatology: 12 years
Teaching experience in Neonatology: 12 years
Experience in Administration: 5 years
Teaching of under graduates and postgraduate(MD,DM)
Training of doctors and Health care workers in Tamilnadu state (BNCRP)
• Postnatal predictors for outcome in congenital diaphragmatic hernia – A Single centre retrospective cohort study from India. Indian Journal of Child Health 2016
• Spectrum of magnetic resonance imaging in neonatal seizures in a tertiary care hospital in India. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics 2016.
• Incidence of invasive candidal infection in very low birth weight neonates over a period of 5-year: A single institutional study. Indian Journal of Child Health 2016.
• Screening based on incidence of severe retinopathy of prematurity in a tertiary care center in India-are Indian infants different? International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics 2016.
• Correlation among magnetic resonance imaging parameters of brain in preterm neonates at term equivalent age. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2016.
• A Study in Neonatal Sepsis Using Polymerase Chain Reaction-Based DNA Sequencing to Detect the Aetiological Agent in the Peripheral Blood of the Neonates with Sepsis - International Journal of Current Microbiology And Applied Sciences 2015
• Does diffusion restriction changes in magnetic resonance imaging predict neurological outcome in neonatal seizures? Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences 2015.
• A Study in Neonatal Sepsis Using Polymerase Chain Reaction-Based DNA Sequencing to Detect the Aetiological Agent in the Peripheral Blood of the Neonates with Sepsis. International Journal of Current Microbiology And Applied Sciences 2015.
• Pattern and antimicrobial susceptibility of organisms causing blood stream infection in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) from India. Asian Journal of Clinical Pediatrics and Neonatology 2014.
• Pattern and antimicrobial susceptibility of carbapenem resistant organisms in tertiary care neonatal intensive care unit, India. Journal of Clinical Neonatology 2014.
•Umamaheswari B, Prakash Amboiram, Binu Ninan, Ramachandran P, Bagyalakshmi Radhakrishnan, Madhavan Hajib Naraharirao. (2014) A rare cause of Neonatal Cerebral Abscess. Sri Ramachandra Journal of Medicine.
• OEIS complex, A case report. Journal of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences 2014.
1. Holding the State Academic Coordinator post since 2011 for conducting Neonatal Resuscitation program in Tamilnadu
2. National Trainer for NRP in India
3. Trained about 5700 Health Care Workers including paediatricians and nurses in NRP
4. The first Indian to get “INDIAN GIANI AWARD” to attend conference in Washington in 2007.
5. Appreciation award at the National and State level for conducting NRP
1. Thermoregulation of stable low birth weight babies in a low cost incubator – A Pilot study as Co Investigator Industrial Fund, 2015 - 2016
2. Continuous temperature monitoring of newborn babies using a 98.6 Fever- Watch is better than intermittent monitoring of temperature by Digital Thermometer – A pilot study as Co Investigator, Industrial Fund 2015 – 2016 ,br>3. The effects of postpartum depression on infant growth and development by 6 months of age in a tertiary care centre as Co Investigator, Non Funded 2015 – 2016
4. Incidence of retinopathy of maturity (ROP) in a tertiary care Institute in South India as Co Investigator, Non Funded 2015 – 2016
5. Cord blood Interleukin 6 levels as an indicator of neonatal outcome in premature babies less than 32 weeks as Co Investigator, GATE Project (Intramural Funding), 2012-2013
6. Association of abnormal placental histopathology with adverse short term outcome and long term neuro developmental outcome in preterm and IUGR babies in a tertiary care centre as Principle Investigator GATE Project (Intramural Funding) 2012 -2013
7. Neonatal MRI to Predict Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Preterm Infants less than 32 weeks of gestation and in very low birth weight babies less than 1500gm as Co Investigator GATE Project (Intramural Funding) 2011 -2013
8. IL6 Levels and its association with short term outcome and long term neuro developmental outcome in preterm babies in a tertiary care centre as Principle Investigator GATE Project (Intramural Funding) 2012 -2013
Aug27On 27th to 30th August 2019
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM