Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- MD Sports Medicine – First department in India to provide MCI approved course in this specialty
- B.Sc. (Hons) Sports & Exercise Science – In collaboration with University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Certificate Courses in Sports Training & Conditioning, Sports Massage - in collaboration with ETA, South Africa
- Bio-Skills Lab for Arthroscopy training using Fresh frozen cadavers
- Sports Clinics for M.S orthopedics
- Generic elective module in Exercise Physiology for paramedical courses
- Generic elective module in Exercise Psychology for paramedical courses
TEACHER /FACULTY TRAINING
- Faculty development program & SREE program being attended by all faculties regularly.
- Established MCI approved MD Sports Medicine PG program for the first time in India.
- Established collaborations with University of Cape Town and Sports Science Institute of South Africa.
- Established a state of the art Sports Medicine Center which has been declared as a “Center of Excellence for Sports Sciences” by the Central and State Government.
- Declared as “Center of Excellence for Sports Medicine & Sciences” by Government of India & the state Government of Tamilnadu.
- Established collaboration with Army Sports Institute, Pune.
- Established as the Approved Center For Sports Medicine And Rehabilitation by major sporting bodies including the BCCI.
- Established SWSC (SRASSC Water Sports Center), a modern man made rowing course with flood lights for the first time in India and offer cutting edge performance enhancement services for Rowers.
- Started internationally recognized sports science courses for Trainers and Masseurs.
- Have conducted many international conferences and workshops in Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) Accreditation for the Bio-mechanics Lab.
- Fresh Frozen Cadaver lab for surgical teaching. One of the first such labs in India.
- Choice Based Credit System for the B.Sc. course.
Jun25On 25th June 20193:00 PM - 5:30 PM