Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
Has more than a dozen fellowships in the field of Arthroscopy to his credit from USA, Europe and Australia
Has taken part in a number of International and Regional Conferences and Workshops both as delegate and invited faculty and has chaired many sessions in them.
A senior consultant in Arthroscopy & Sports medicine, has treated many thousands of cases and performed more than two thousand arthroscopy procedures
Has published in peer reviewed international medical journals and has presented papers and invited lectures in a number of international and national conferences.Click Here to View Recent Publications & Presentations
- Successfully conducted a number of international conferences and Live Workshop programs with the collaboration of renowned faculties from USA, The Netherlands, Australia, Germany and India. Hundreds of Indian orthopaedic surgeons have benefitted from these conferences
- Started a dedicated department for Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, first of its kind in South India, to spread the knowledge of sports medicine and to provide world – class care toathletes to recover from their injuries
- Course Director for Hands-on-cadaver workshop at Sri Ramachandra Bio-skills lab and conducted Workshops at regular intervals
- Founded the Indo European Arthroscopy & Arthroplasty Foundation (IEAAF) to promote education, training and research in the field of arthroscopy in India and exchange of scientific ideas between India & Europe
- Started a fellowship program in Arthroscopy to train young orthopaedic surgeons
- Started for the FIRST time in India, a post graduation course MD in Sports Medicine, which is approved by the Medial Council of India
- Established the ‘Sri Ramachandra Bio-Skills Lab’ with fresh frozen cadavers
- Initiated a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with University of Capetown, South Africa to establish a world class sports medicine center to strengthen the existing facility at my university and to start various academic courses in Sports Sciences like sports nutrition, sports physiotherapy, Bio kinetics etc.
Actively involved in research work in the area of Chondrocyte Culture along with Yamanashi University, Japan and aided by the Govt. of India
“JayaseelanMathiah’s Oration Award” at IMA (Indian Medical Association) Annual Meet at Trichy in 2000.
“Outstanding Personality Award” at IMA (Indian Medical Association) Meeting at CMC (Christian Medical College) Vellore in 2010.
‘Honorary FRCS’ by Royal College of Surgeons & Physicians Glasgow, June 2011
‘Best Doctor Award’ by Governor of Tamilnadu from TN Dr.MGR Medical university, 2011
Executive Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society
Member of Planning and Monitoring Board of Sri Ramachandra University.
Member of Curriculum Committee of TamilnaduDr.MGR Medical University.
Member of Ethics Committee for Stem Cell Research in ShankaraNethralaya Eye Institute, Chennai.
Executive Committee Member of Indian Association of Sports Medicine (IASM)
Member, Academic Council, Sports Authority of India, New Delhi.
Elected as Joint Secretary – Indian Arthroscopy Society in 2014
Vice President of Indian Association of Sports Medicine since 2016
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA)
- SICOT (Socie’te’ Internationale de Chirugie Orthope’dique et de Traumatologie)
- International Cartilage Research Society (ICRS)
- Indian Arthroscopic Society (IAS)
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- TamilNadu Orthopaedic Association (TNOA)
- Indian Association of Sports Medicine (IASM)