- Courses offered:
MD (Physiology) & M.Sc. (Physiology)
- Courses Taught:
- Mind Body Medicine
- Pharm D
- B.Sc AHS (Allied Health Sciences)
- B.Sc Sports Science
- B.Sc Trauma Care Management
- B.Sc. Medical Microbiology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Hospital Ward Technician Course
- B.Sc Clinical Nutrition
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc Clinical Research
- B.Sc Applied Psychology
- M.Sc Medical Basic Sciences
- M. Phil Clinical Psychology
- M.Sc. Medical Bioinformatics
- M.Sc Perfusion Technology
- M.Sc Renalscience
- M.Sc. Neuroscience
- M.Sc MRIT (Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology)
- MD Sports Medicine
Training provided (Special like simulation lab etc.,)
- Ramachandra Post graduates Teaching Skills (RaPTS) workshop conducted since 2014 till date to improve the teaching skills for all medical post graduates.
- CME for Postgraduates was conducted on the topic “Teaching and Research during Postgraduation” by Dr.Puthuraya, Visiting Professor, International Medical College, Bengaluru on 19/7/2014
Under Graduates (MBBS):
- Integrated Student seminars have been conducted in Acute coronary syndrome (17.02.15), Xeropthalmia (09.03.15), Facial Palsy (11.03.15)
- CREATIVO 2014 Integrated Poster Presentation –(25th April 2014))
- CREATIVO 2015 - Concept Mapping (19th March 2015)
- CREATIVO 2016’ - Integrated poster and PowerPoint competition (10th March 2016)
- CREATIVO 2017’- “Preclinical Integrated Project Presentation” (27th April 2017)
- CREATIVO 2018’- “Integrated Online Quiz for Pre-Clinical MBBS students” (10th April 2018)
- CREATIVO 2019’ – “Role Play for Pre-Clinical MBBS students” (29th March 2019)
- Dr. K.Dilara & Dr. Archana P Kumar completed Revised Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies at SRU-MCI in 2015.
- Dr. Padmavathi.R, Dr. K. Dilara and Dr. Archana P Kumar completed MCI Advance course in Medical Education Faculty Development Programme conducted by SRU-MCI in 2017 & 2018.
- Dr.R.Padmavathi R, Dr. K. Dilara, Dr.S.Roopa, Dr. Archana P Kumar completed AETCOM training in 2015.
- Dr. Padmavathi R, has achieved training on STEM, Research based Pedagogical tools Workshop conducted by IISER, Pune and British Council, UK at Kochi in the year 2017.
- Dr. Priscilla Johnson & Dr. Padmavathi.R completed 3T – IBHSc Training course for Health Sciences Faculty conducted by Indian Program of the UNESCO chair in Bioethics conducted at SRU in 2017.
- Dr. Priscilla Johnson, completed International course on Surveying and Evaluating Ethical Review Practices conducted by FERCAP accreditation body at NIE, Chennai in 2017.
- Dr. Bagavad Geetha M, Dr. Archana P Kumar, Dr. Teena lal, Mr.Srihari R, Mrs. Lalitha S, Dr. Shobana R, Mrs. Lavanya S, Dr. Deepika Chandrasekaran, finished INDO-UK Course on ‘ABC of Travel Health E-Course’ in 2019.
- Awarded Ph.D degree to Dr. Priscilla Johnson (2014), Dr. Archana P Kumar & Dr. Maheshkumar K (2017), Dr. S. Krishnan (2018).
- FAIMER fellowship awarded to Dr. K Dilara (2014), Dr.Archana P Kumar (2016), and Dr. Abirami Omprakash (2019) by PSG FAIMER Regional Institute at Coimbatore, India
- Research Ambassador Award was awarded to Dr. Priscilla Johnson by SRIHER in 2017.
- Research Mentor Award was awarded to Dr. Padmavathi R by SRIHER in 2017.
- Dr. Padmavathi R was awarded by SRMC & RI for her research contribution.
Post graduates: Medical Education principles have evolved as a prime area of education to students, and faculty members in recent times. Hence Department of Physiology has initiated an innovative teaching skill workshop for postgraduates (RaPTS). This workshop is aimed to provide interactive scientific sessions and group activity sessions on key Medical Education topics that promote teaching skills among postgraduate students.
Undergraduates (MBBS & BDS): E-Modules, Case based Learning, Flipped Classroom innovative teaching modalities for lectures and practicals are implemented. Powerpoint presentation of all the theory and practical sessions are being converted into SCORM package and uploaded to e-learning platform (MOODLE). A video module for clinical skill teaching (Measurement of Blood Pressure) was implemented and archived.
Undergraduates (BDS & Paramedical Courses): Course guide for all the courses was prepared and provided to the students at the start of their course
Nov07From 7th to 9th November 2019
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM